To be able to provide permission for a worker to complete an inspection on a piece of equipment, there are a few things that need to be set up within project and administration settings. To read about how to ensure your system is set up for worker inspections, see Setting Up Worker Created Inspections.
After the equipment and inspection/Observation types have been set up within the system, the final step is to provide a worker with permission to complete an inspection.
To be able to provide permission for a worker to complete an inspection on a piece of equipment, there are a few things that need to be set up within project and administration settings.
- You need to ensure equipment that has been inducted has authorised operators associated with it
- Note: Authorised operators are workers who have the relevant license/s associated with that equipment type. When you are inducting equipment onto site, one of the steps involves selecting Authorised Operators (see here how to Induct Equipment)
Worker Created Equipment Inspections
- Log into Hammertech
- Select your required project from the Company Overview drop-down in the top right hand corner
- Select > Project Settings > Equipment Inspections
- Select the relevant piece of inducted equipment
- Select the worker/s you wish to complete the inspection - you will notice workers without a mobile number cannot be used, however if you select their name you will be taken to their profile details to add a mobile number
- Select > Send SMS
- The worker will receive an SMS with a link to the inspection where they will first be required to verify their mobile number (see screenshot below)
- Once the worker receives the verification code, they will need to enter it and select submit
- Once verified, they will be redirected to the inspection where they will need to select the relevant Inspection Type (will only show those that are flagged as 'Worker allowed to create' under Administration > Inspection Types).
- Just like other inspections within HammerTech, the worker will need to complete any checklists that have been set up, raising any Observations or observations as they go. Once the worker has marked it as complete, the inspection and any Observations raised will be submitted to the General Contractor for review.
Note: Alternatively, you can use the QR code from the Equipment Inspections page you are on, which will take you to the same verification page as the link in the SMS. You can also export the QR code to pdf to print and hand out to workers, so they can scan with their mobile.
For more information on configuring Worker Created Equipment inspections see: Inspections Setup > Setting Up Worker Created Equipment Inspections