Before starting an Inspection make sure the following have been configured and set up:
- Inspection Checklists (Click here to view the article on configuring the Inspection Checklist)
- Inspection Types (Click here to view the article on Creating the Inspection Type)
- Observation Types (Click here to view the article on Creating Observation Types)
- Locations (Click here to view the article on Creating Location Hierarchies)
To create a new Inspection
- Log into HammerTech
- Select your required project from the Company Overview drop-down in the top right hand corner
- Select INSPECTIONS > Start New Inspection
- Select the appropriate Inspection Category from the drop down list (if set up this will filter down the list of Inspection Types)
- Select the Inspection Type from the drop down menu
- Include an Inspection Description in the box below - this will make it easier for others to view and search for details of the inspection
- Select Employer if Applicable
NOTE: If you assign the inspection to a specific employer, all Observations raised will be automatically assigned to them
- Select a Location if applicable
- Select Create
- If the inspection type is associated with Equipment or Permits, you will then be prompted to select the particular piece of equipment or particular permit that is being inspected (only those associated with your employer will show).
- Select Create again.
The HammerTech system allows you to complete an Inspection in real time by entering the details as you go. Therefore, the Inspection Date and Created By fields are automatically populated
- If you have checklists set up then you can add them by selecting 'Add Checklist' or if a checklist has been configured to automatically be added when selecting a particular Inspection Type then it will automatically be added (See Inspection Setup > Adding an Inspection Type)
- To add or edit checklists see Inspections Setup > Creating a Checklist
- Open the checklist by selecting the text "Checklist Incomplete" which will expand it.
- The expanded Checklists will show you to see the progress of the checklist when conducting your Inspection.
- To assign a location to a checklist select the settings cog on the right from "Checklist Incomplete" > Assign to Location and select from the drop down options that have been set up.
Raising an Observation
Observations can be raised within the checklist questions or under 'Other Observations'. Observations within Inspections are either positive or negative.
- Select the Observation Type from the drop down menu.
Note: Depending on the Inspection Type selected this may or may not limit which Observation Types you can select. Some inspections may have only one Observation Type while others may have multiple options
- Identify if the Observation is 'positive' or 'negative', the box will expand for you to add in all the required additional information.
You will also have to select The Observation Type where multiple Observation types are available on the respective Inspection.
- Assign a Responsible Party which can be selected through the drop down menu.
Observations can be raised against a Subcontractor or an Internal User by selecting the required option from the drop down menu. Additional companies can be added where there is more than one responsible party, by selecting '+Add Additional Responsible Party'.
- If there are Functions set up in the system, you can select the relevant option from the drop down (see image below), which will then filter the list of employers, making it easier for you to select the right responsible party. If you have only set up one function or have not set any up at all then you can ignore this step. (To read about how to set up Functions in the system see Company > Configure and Assign Functions to Employers)
- Add the Observation Location (if a location hasn't already been assigned to the checklist you are adding the Observation in) by selecting one of the drop down options.
To see how to add or edit locations, go to - Project > Setting Up Location Hierarchies
- When the observation is negative, the Resolution section will appear allowing the user to add additional details to monitor the Observation's close out. By selecting Priority, the Due Date will automatically be completed
- The Already Resolved tick-box, provides you the ability to flag that an item has been fixed, which will continue to store the details of the Observation for reporting/audit purposes, but will not assign the Observation to the responsible party for rectification, once submitted
- By selecting Require Fix Photo, the Subcontractor will not be able to submit a Resolution without attaching a photo. However, if you as the Site Staff close out this Observations, you will not be required to attach a photo.
- Add between 1 - 3 photos of the observation. Select > Choose File and:
Mobile device (phone / tablet) - select whether you wish to use an existing photo from your gallery or take a new picture. Follow the prompts of your relevant device and assign a photo.
Desktop/Laptop computer - browse your file system for the photo to assign.
Annotations can be added to the photo / pictures upload, by selecting the annotate button
- Select > Save Observation
- Repeat the above process for all Observation Observations
Note: in case of a problem, the system will automatically save the Inspection after each Observation is added
To see how you can edit and manage the Observations raised within inspections, see Observations > Managing Observations Within Inspections
The attendees list is automatically populated with the details of the individual undertaking the Inspection with the option of adding additional attendees. Additional attendees can be populated through individuals joining the Inspection
Click here to view additional steps on Manually Adding or Importing Attendee's to an Inspection
- Select +Add Attendees and complete the attendee details in the additional line
- Select the +Add Attendee icon to save the details entered or the Add Attendee and New from the drop-down menu
Note: If the email address entered does not follow an email format, an error will appear prompting the user to fix this
- Select 'Edit' or 'Remove' from the cog button next to the attendee's name
- You can also add signatures to each attendee by selecting the Sign option (See Adding Signatures to Inspection Attendees)
The ability to add Additional Recipients is to include personnel in correspondence (reports) who were not in attendance for the Inspection.
- Select Add Recipient
- Three options are available:
- Search for existing personnel by typing their name in the search bar
- Search by Employer by selecting the Employer from the drop-down menu and then the worker from the next drop-down menu
- Or; Create the recipient by entering in their details in the appropriate fields
- Another option is to select Import from the +Add Recipient drop-down menu.
This will allow you to easily select and import recipients from the last inspection of the same type
- Select +Add Distribution Group to select a preconfigured group of recipients (must be set up in your system by a Company or Project admin first).
Focus for Next Inspection - Details/Observations to focus on for the next Inspection can be entered here
- The Previous Inspection Focus can also be imported across and then edited here by selecting the Previous Inspection Focus icon and then Import. You can only import the focus across inspections of the same type
Closing as Draft
- When all observations have been inputted, select Close as Draft - to save the Inspection as is
Note: this Inspection has now been saved in 'Draft'
Send Interim Observations
- To send out all the Observations raised to the responsible parties, prior to completing the inspection, select the Send Interim Observation(s) option - the inspection will still stay open and subcontractors assigned to Observations are notified
Complete the Inspection
- To submit the select Complete Inspection after selecting from the drop down the type of report you wish to receive (Observation List, Open Observations with no pictures, Inspection details (No Pictures), Inspection details (With Pictures), or No Report)
Note: Only the person who created the inspection can submit it.