Note: If the Primary Contractor has not made any Inspection Types available to your company then this section will not be displayed to you in the HammerTech system.
- Log into HammerTech (if you are not already logged in), then navigate using the left hand menu > HSEQ Inspections > Start New Inspection
- Select the appropriate Inspection Category from the drop down list (if set up this will filter down the list of Inspection Types)
- Select the Inspection Type from the dropdown menu
- Enter in an Inspection Description. The description can be edited up until the inspection is marked as 'Completed'
- Pick a location for the inspection from the drop down (if applicable) and select +Create
- If the inspection type is associated with Equipment or Permits, you will then be prompted to select the particular piece of equipment or particular permit that is being inspected (only those associated with your employer will show). Once satisfied with the selection Select > the +Create button again.
- The HammerTech system allows you to complete an Inspection in real time by entering the details as you go. Therefore the Inspection Date and Created By fields are automatically populated.
- If you wish to edit the Inspection Description begin typing in the text box and your changes will be saved automatically.
- If checklists have been set up then you can add them by selecting 'Add Checklist' or if a checklist has been configured to automatically be added when selecting a particular Inspection Type then it will automatically be added.
- Open the checklist by selecting the text "Checklist Incomplete" which will expand it.
- To assign a location to a checklist select the blue settings cog on the right from "Checklist Incomplete" > Assign to Location and select from the drop down options that have been set up.
Raising an Issue
- First select the Issue Type from the dropdown menu. Depending on the Inspection Type selected this may or may not limit which Issue Types you can select. Some inspections may have only one Issue Type while others may have multiple options
- Issues added within HSEQ Inspections are either positive or negative. Select the '+Add Issue' button to start adding in your issues. Once you identify if the issue is 'positive' or 'negative', the box will expand for you to add in all the required additional information. You will also have to select The Issue Type where multiple issue types are available on the respective Inspection.
- Add the Issue Location (if a location hasn't already been assigned to the checklist you are adding the issue in) by selecting one of the drop down options that have been set up.
- The Identification section is automatically populated with details of the individual undertaking the Inspection and the time the Issue was raised.
- When the observation is negative, the Resolution section will appear allowing the user to add additional details to monitor the issue's close out. By selecting Priority, the Due Date will automatically be completed.
- The Already Resolved tick-box, provides you the ability to flag that an item has been fixed, which will continue to store the details of the issue for reporting/audit purposes, but will not assign the issue to the responsible party for rectification, once submitted.
- By selecting Require Fix Photo, the Subcontractor will not be able to submit a Resolution without attaching a photo. However, if you as the Site Staff close out this Issues, you will not be required to attach a photo.
- Within Description, you have the option to choose from your Predefined Templates or enter details manually. To set up Predefined Templates, see My Account > Issue Templates
- The final stage of creating a Issue, allows you to add between 1 - 3 photos of the observation. Select > Choose File and:
- mobile device (phone / tablet) - select whether you wish to use an existing photo from your gallery or take a new picture. Follow the prompts of your relevant device and assign a photo.
- desktop/laptop computer - browse your file system for the photo to assign.
- Annotations can be add to the photo / pictures upload, by selecting the annotate button
- Once completed, Select > Save Issue.
- Note: in case of a problem, the system will automatically save the Inspection after each issue is added.
- Repeat the above process for all Issue Observations.
- When all observations have been inputted, Select > Close - to save the Inspection as is.
- Note: this Inspection has now been saved in 'Draft'.
- Or to submit the Inspection > Select > Complete Inspection after selecting from the drop down the type of report you wish to receive (Issue List, Open Issues with no pictures, Inspection details (No Pictures), Inspection details (With Pictures), or No Report).
Note: Only the person who created the inspection can submit it.
- The attendees list is automatically populated with the details of the individual undertaking the Inspection with the option of adding additional attendees. Additional attendees can be populated through individuals joining the Inspection.
- To add the attendees manually, select +Add Attendees and complete the attendee details in the additional line.
- Select the +Add Attendee icon to save the details entered or the Add Attendee and New from the drop-down menu
- Note: If the email address entered does not follow an email format, an error will appear prompting the user to fix this
- OR select Import from the drop-down menu to Import attendees from previous Inspections
- Select the tick-box for the personnel you wish to Import and select the yellow Import icon
- To modify an attendees details, Select> the blue cog next to the relevant attendee and then 'Edit' or 'Remove'.
The ability to add Additional Recipients is to include personnel in correspondence (reports) who were not in attendance for the Inspection.
- Select +Add Recipient
- Three options are available:
- Search for existing personnel by typing their name in the search bar
- Search by Employer by selecting the Employer from the drop-down menu and then the worker from the next drop-down menu
- Or; Create the recipient by entering in their details in the appropriate fields
- Another option is to select Import from the +Add Recipient drop-down menu
- Focus for Next Inspection - Details/Issues to focus on for the next Inspection can be entered here.
- The Previous Inspection Focus can also be added and then edited here by selecting the blue Previous Inspection Focus icon