- Log into HammerTech
- Select your required project from the Company Overview drop-down in the top right hand corner
Inspections > Start New Inspection
Select the appropriate Inspection Category
Select the Inspection Type
Note: If the Main Contractor has not made any Inspection Types available to your company then this section will not be displayed to you.
Enter in an Inspection Description
Pick a location for the inspection from the drop down (if applicable)
- Select Create
- If the inspection type is associated with Equipment or Permits, you will then be prompted to select the particular piece of equipment or particular permit that is being inspected (only those associated with your employer will show).
- Select Create
Inspections are completed in real time by entering the details as you go. Therefore the Inspection Date and Created By fields are automatically populated.
If you wish to edit the Inspection Description begin typing in the text box and your changes will be saved automatically.
If checklists have been set up then you can add them by selecting 'Add Checklist' or if a checklist has been configured to automatically be added when selecting a particular Inspection Type then it will automatically be added.
- Open the checklist by selecting the text "Checklist Incomplete" which will expand it.
- To assign a location to a checklist select the blue settings cog on the right from "Checklist Incomplete" > Assign to Location and select from the drop down options that have been set up.
- Select the Issue Type from the dropdown menu. (Depending on the Inspection Type selected this may or may not limit which Issue Types you can select. Some inspections may have only one Issue Type while others may have multiple options).
- Select the '+Add Issue' button next to observation to start adding in your issues.
- Select The Issue Type where multiple issue types are available on the respective Inspection.
- Identify if the issue is 'positive' or 'negative', the box will expand for you to add in all the required additional information.
- Select the Issue Location (if a location hasn't already been assigned to the checklist you are adding the issue in) by selecting one of the drop down options that have been set up.
- Under Resolution select a Priority, the Due Date will automatically be completed. Already Resolved tick-box, provides you the ability to flag that an item has been fixed, which will continue to store the details of the issue for reporting/audit purposes, but will not assign the issue to the responsible party for rectification, once submitted.
- By selecting Require Fix Photo, the Subcontractor will not be able to submit a Resolution without attaching a photo. However, if you as the Site Staff close out this Issue, you will not be required to attach a photo.
- Add a Description
- Add between 1 - 3 photos of the observation. Select > Choose File and:
- mobile device (phone / tablet) - select whether you wish to use an existing photo from your gallery or take a new picture. Follow the prompts of your relevant device and assign a photo.
- desktop/laptop computer - browse your file system for the photo to assign.
- Select > Save Issue.
- Repeat the above process for all Issue Observations.
Note: Only the person who created the inspection can submit it.
The attendee's list is automatically populated with the details of the individual undertaking the Inspection with the option of adding additional attendees. Additional attendees can be populated through individuals joining the Inspection.
To add the attendees manually
- Select +Add Attendee
- Complete the attendee details in the additional line when Creating Attendee or Search for the Attendee using the Select the Employer and Select The Worker.
- Select the Add Attendee icon to save the details entered or the Create, then add another from the drop-down menu
Note: If the email address entered does not follow an email format, an error will appear prompting the user to fix this
- Select Import from the Arrow drop-down menu to Import attendees from previous Inspections
- Select the tick-box for the personnel you wish to Import and select the yellow Import icon
Attendee Sign Off
By selecting the cog next to the attendee's name you can get them to sign for the Inspection. As well as modify their details or remove them as an attendee.
The ability to add Additional Recipients is to include personnel in correspondence (reports) who were not in attendance for the Inspection.
- Select Add Recipient
- Three options are available:
- Search for existing personnel by typing their name in the search bar
- Search by Employer by selecting the Employer from the drop-down menu and then the worker from the next drop-down menu
- Or; Create the recipient by entering in their details in the appropriate fields
- Another option is to select Import from the Add Recipient drop-down menu
- Focus for Next Inspection - Details/Issues to focus on for the next Inspection can be entered here.
- The Previous Inspection Focus can also be added and then edited here by selecting the Previous Inspection Focus icon
Finalising the Inspection
- Select > Close As Draft to save the Inspection as is
- Submit the Inspection
- Select from the drop down the type of report you wish to receive (Issue List, Open Issues with no pictures, Inspection details (No Pictures), Inspection details (With Pictures), or No Report).
- Select Complete Inspection