*Admin User only*
The HT Sign-in App works as an electronic Sign-in Book for the HammerTech system, and is available for workers and/or visitors to sign in and sign out when on site.
There are 2 types of Sign-In Devices that can be created through HammerTech. The full functionality (for use with the HT Sign-In app, where the QR code refreshes periodically), and the limited functionality (printable, static QR code). Please refer to our Limited Functionality QR Code article for steps on how to set up the static QR code.
This article will explain how to set up the HT Sign-in app on your device using the full functionality.
Note: The HT Sign-in app has been primarily designed for use on a tablet.
Before following these instructions, make sure the following requirements have been met.
- Administration User - only Project, Region or System Admin Users are able to manage the HT Sign-in app setup. If you are not an administration user, speak to the System Admin of your company to request the required permission.
Access to your company’s Google Play or App Store account - the HT Sign-in app needs to be downloaded and therefore requires you hold an account for the Google Play (for Android devices) or App Store (for IOS devices). If you are unsure of your account details, contact the System Admin of your company.
- If you are wanting the added functionality of the numbers and hours to feed straight into your Site Diary, speak with your HammerTech Representative to get this activated in your system.
Adding the HT Sign-in app to your device:
- Connect your device to the sites Wifi
- Once connected, access Google Play (for Android devices) or the App Store (for IOS devices) and enter in your company’s account details
- Search for the HT Sign-in app and install the app to your device
- Once installed, drag the HT Sign-in app to your device's home screen
Generating a log in for your HT Sign-in app:
- Log into HammerTech
- Select your required project from the Company Overview drop-down in the top right hand corner
- Go to Project Settings > Sign-in Devices
- In the top right corner, press the + button (Add)
- Select Full - HT Sign In app from the Type drop-down
- Enter a Name and Location
- Press the blue Create button
Note: The Name and Location will help you to keep track of your device, so enter details that will allow you to identify the tablet easily.
Logging in to the HT Sign-in app:
- Open the HT Sign-in app on your device
- When prompted for the setup information, scan the HT Sign-in app QR Code. Alternatively, enter in the login details (see below screenshot for guidance)
- Choose your desired setting for the following option 'Visitors Only (Not Workers)
- Leave the checkbox empty: to allow visitors and all inducted workers to sign in. This means HammerTech will calculate hours worked by the inducted workers and will automatically record those hours and visitor information in your Site Diary.
- Select the checkbox: to allow only visitors to sign in with the device. This information will be captured and logged within your Site Diary.
- Press Update Details
- Setup is now complete.
- Refer to Overview > HT Sign-in App for further information.