There are several ways to create a booking for a Permit Zone in the HammerTech system, they can be created manually by internal users from the secure section of the system, or via the subcontractor interface (self service) or via scanning the QR Code for the relevant permit zone.
Note: Multiple Permits can be made for the same zone ONLY IF the zone is not set as exclusive (PERMITS > Configure Zones).
To create a new booking manually via the secure system as either an internal staff member or through the subcontractor interface (self service):
- Log into HammerTech (if you are not already logged in), then navigate using the left hand menu > PERMITS > Create Permit.
- The first step is to select the Permit Type then select the Employer (if logged in as internal user, not required if logged in as a subcontractor)
- Selecting Associated Workers allows you to select which Personnel related to the Employer are involved in the Permit
- Select which Applicable SWMS are associated to the Permit. Use the hyperlinked text to view the details of the SWMS in a popup.
- Note: Only Approved SWMS are able to be associated to a Permit
- Next select the Permit Zone you wish to book, as a user you can view the site diagrams if you are not sure which Permit Zone you are wanting to book
- Note: It is possible to apply for a single permit over multiple zones, for example you might apply for a Hot Works Permit in Zones 1, 2, & 3. Rather than having to submit three separate permit applications you can now select all required permit zones and apply once.
- Once you select the zone you have the option of providing more information such as the specific Location and/or a Description of your works, that will be presented to other users.
- Custom fields are the next section of the Permit to work booking, as a user you should enter data into the applicable fields (check box / text box).
- Next select the 'Start Time' and 'Finish Time' for the Permit
- Note: You can save a draft of the Permit if necessary by selecting Save Draft instead of Create, and return to it by navigating to Permits > View All and filtering to Draft permits.
- The last section that you have the option of filling in, is the 'notes' section which is for any information that doesn't fit into one of the fields on the form that you want to log against the request.
- Once you have completed the form, Select > Create and the system will then finalise the booking of your permit request.
- Note: If you create the request as an internal user the booking is automatically approved, if you request for a permit booking as a subcontractor representative then the request will be sent to the Safety / Site Management users for review then approval / rejection.
- Note: When a permit is 1 minute from expiry, if it hasn't yet been closed out, it will send an email notification. (this may be subject to delays with respect to email delivery)