The HammerTech system allows several different ways to apply for Permits To Work including via the subcontractor interface (self service) or via scanning the QR Code (If available) for the relevant permit zone.
When applying for Permits To Work, note that your permit application will need to be approved by the Site Safety Manager before you can begin work.
Note: Multiple Permits can me made for the same zone ONLY IF the zone is not set as exclusive
- Log into HammerTech (if you are not already logged in), then navigate using the left hand menu > Permits > Apply.
- The first step is to select the Permit Type from the drop down list.
- The HammerTech system then allows you to select which Personnel are involved in the permit by selecting Associated Workers
- Due to you linking a request for a Permit to an Employer, you are also able to associate Applicable SWMS from the system to a Permit. Note: Only Approved SWMS can be associated to a Permit
- Next select the Permit Zone you wish to book, as a user you can view the site diagrams if you are not sure which Permit Zone you are wanting to book.
- Note: It is possible to apply for a single permit over multiple zones, for example you might apply for a Hot Works Permit in Zones 1, 2, & 3. Rather than having to submit three separate permit applications you can select all required permit zones and apply once.
- Once you select the zone you have the option of providing more information such as a specific location or a description of your works, that will be presented to other users.
- Custom fields are the next section of the Permit To Work booking, as a user you should enter data into the applicable fields (check box / text box).
- Next select the 'Proposed Start Time' and 'Proposed Finish Time'
- The last section that you have the option of filling in, is the Applicable Notes section which is for any information that doesn't fit into one of the fields on the form that you want to log against the request.
- Once you have completed the form select 'Submit For Approval'.
* Please note Subcontractors will not be able to edit a Permit once it has been approved - Only a main contractor will be able to edit this