There are a number of ways to obtain Employer Progress Updates within the HammerTech Site Diary system.
- Log into HammerTech (if you are not already logged in), then navigate using the left hand menu > Site Diary.
- As the system automatically generates the Site Diary on a daily basis, today's diary will be at the top of the list. Select > the diary you are wanting to update.
- Once within your chosen Site Diary, your individual User Privileges will dictate what you are able to modify / update (for more information on user privileges, see - Project > Adding And Managing Users).
There are a number of ways to update the Employer Progress, choose the appropriate method from below.
Employer Log In:
Allows the Employer to submit their own worker numbers and daily progress update.
- For more information see - Site Diary > Submitting Numbers And Progress Report
- To review the submitted progress updates, Select > View Details button within the chosen Employer.
- To edit the submitted progress updates, Select > Edit button within the chosen Employer.
- To remind an employer to provide a progress update, Select > Reminder button within the chosen Employer. Both the Primary Contact and the Nominated Rep will receive a reminder notification, with a maximum of three reminders that can be sent to each employer, per day.
- You can also send a reminder to all active employers within the project by selecting the cog to the right of Active Employer Progress > Send Reminder (see screenshot below).
- As a main contractor, you are also able to determine if an employer shows up as Active in the site diary by going into Employers > Active, selecting the relevant Employer and > Edit. Under the Employer Options tab there are two options for the site diary that can be ticked/unticked:
- You can reactivate employers directly from the site diary under > Inactive Subcontractors > Activate, if required.
- Where No Foreperson (Nominated representative) appears within the chosen Employer, a reminder cannot be sent. In this case the Progress Update is to be updated manually (see below) or have a Foreperson assigned to the Employer (see - Personnel > Assigning A Foreman To An Employer)
Sign In Book (where applicable):
Allows all workers and visitors to electronically sign in each day, automatically capturing the information into the daily Site Diary.
- For more information see - Site Diary > Sign In Book
Manual Entry (Individual Employer):
Allows the Main Contractor to manually enter the worker numbers and daily progress update for an Employer that is unable to do this themselves or if details need to be edited (e.g. Hours Worked).
- Scroll to Active Employer Progress and Select the +Add button on the right hand side of the appropriate Employer (if there is data already entered, select Edit instead).
- In the first category of workers (share the same start time), input the Number of Workers onsite, their Start Time and the Hours Worked that day. To add another group or category of workers, select the Add More button. The Total Hours Worked will calculate as you go.
- Within Today's Activity, advise of any Visitors On Site if applicable, and enter a Progress Report for the day
- From the drop-down, select the individual that has Reported the progress and the Source of the notification i.e. via email, SMS etc...
- Once completed, select Save Changes
Manual Entry (In Individual Site Diary):
Allows users with individual site diary rights the ability to add employer progress including 'Notes' and 'Photos'.
- Enter your individual site diary (SITE DIARY > 'Select Current Day' > User Diary Entries > Edit)
- In 'Employer Progress' select the green add (+) icon
- Select the employers you wish to add from the list and select 'Add to Individual Diary Entry'
- Select 'Edit Entry' next to the employer who's progress you wish to edit
- Note: Employers added to an individual site diary the previous day will automatically be added to the current day's individual site diary (They can be removed by selecting 'Delete Entry')
- Note: Other users' individual site diary's will be viewable both next to their entry and when selecting the Employer's progress
(See User Diary Entries in Site Diary > Updating Daily Site Diary)