The HammerTech Site Diary is a daily collation of Worker Numbers, Visitors, Site Updates, Inductions, Plant and Incidents. The HammerTech system automatically creates the Site Diary on a daily basis, allowing Subcontractors and Main Contractors to input their updates as required.
Note: To view enlarged images in Site Diary select the image and an enlarged version will be displayed
- Log into HammerTech (if you are not already logged in), then navigate using the left hand menu > Site Diary.
- As the system automatically generates the Site Diary on a daily basis, today's diary will be at the top of the list. Select > the diary you are wishing to update.
- Once within your chosen Site Diary, your individual User Privileges will dictate what you are able to modify / update (for more information on user privileges, see - Project > Adding And Managing Users).
- The Site Diary list is grouped in to months (see image below) which can be expanded to facilitate fast searching for a specific day's Site Diary
Daily Site Summary
- The Daily Site Summary captures the working hours and weather on site for the day. To modify this information, Select > the Edit Site Summary button.
- Choose the type of work hours from the Hours Worked drop-down including Normal Operating Hours, Modified Operating Hours, Public Holiday / RDO, or No Work (Other Reason).
- If required, modify the site Start / End Time, enter the number of Additional Hours Lost (only applicable if Modified Operating Hours has been selected) and a full Reason For Operating Hours Changed. This will be calculated against the normal operating hours and incorporated in to the Statistics Report under 'Lost Hours'
- Lastly, the weather details are automatically generated from the BoM location entered when the Project was first setup with HammerTech. It shows the Weather Observations and Weather/Forecast Comments. If the details need to be modified or additional details added, make these amendments within Weather/Forecast Comments.
- Once completed, Select > Save Changes.
User Diary Entries
- All Users marked as Has Individual Site Diary, will be listed within this section (for more information on user privileges, see - Project > Adding And Managing Users).
- Edit - to update your own diary entry:
- Select > Edit next to your name.
- Enter your notes / observations within the sections on the page.
- Add progress / site photos through the Choose File button.
- Add Comments specific to a photo if necessary.
- Once complete, Select > Save Changes.
- View and Approve - once a diary entry has been updated:
- Select > View to review the details
- Select > Approve or Select > Mark Completed
- Unlock - to reopen a diary entry for further update:
- Select > Unlock to make the entry available again for updating.
- Once updated, repeat the View and Approve step.
Active Employer Progress
- Active Employer progress can be added to the daily Site Diary through a number of methods. See - Site Diary > Managing Employer Progress Updates
- Workers Inducted - System generated list of workers that have had their Registration / Induction approved that day
- Equipment Inducted - System generated list of Plant that has been inducted onto site that day
- Incidents - System generated list of any Incidents reported that day
- Injuries - System generated list of any Injuries reported that day
- Meetings Created - System generated list of any meetings created that day
- Meetings Completed - System generated list of any meetings completed that day
- Inspections- All completed Inspections for that day, showing the inspection type, time it was created, attendees and number of issues/observations raised
Viewing Next/Previous Days Site Diary
- To switch between the current days Site Diary and either the next or previous days, select either the blue <Prev or Next> icons at the top of the Site Diary