*ADMIN USER & REGION ADMIN USER ONLY*
The HammerTech System defines a User as 'an individual working for the company licencing the software (i.e. the Main Contractor)'. All other individuals, such as primary contacts or inducted workers, should be managed through Employers and Personnel (see - Main Contractor).
This guide is for setting up a new user within the system. To add an existing user to your Project and manage their settings, see Project > Adding And Managing Users
Setting Up A New User:
- Log into HammerTech (if you are not already logged in), then navigate using the left hand menu > Administration> User Management
- Before adding a new user to the system, we first need to check they do not already exist. Scroll through the list of users to find the name of the person and check the listed email address. You can choose to filter by name or email and also by user type if you select the blue filter icon in the top right corner.
- If the person appears in the list, see Project > Adding And Managing Users
- If they do not appear in the list, continue the below steps.
- To add a new user, select the + button on the top right hand side of the screen.
- Type in the user's email address and select Validate
- If it is a brand new account and the email validation was successful, you will then be able to enter the rest of the users details, including Name, Mobile, and Title. Note: The user will receive an email to activate their account and create a password once you have selected +Create.
- Select the appropriate User Type from the drop-down menu (see User Types Explained for more info).
- Select whether the user is to Receive Site Notifications for Current and Future Projects
- If the user is a Regional Admin, select Standard User and tick the Is Regional Admin box. Select the regions they user is required to have access to as both a Regional Admin and a Standard User.
- If the user is a Standard User, Document Access Only or External Rep, select which 'Current Projects' to add the user to from 1 of 3 options; None, All, Or Specific Projects.
- Select the checkbox if the user is required to be automatically added to Future Projects (if they are selected to be an Admin user type, this will be automatic as admins have access to all projects - current and future).
- Once complete, select +Create
- The user will receive an email with a link to create their account and choose a password.
- You can check if the user has completed setting up their account by navigating to their profile in > Administration > User Management > and selecting the required user. (Use the filter in the top right corner to view only those that have the status of: Awaiting Activation.) Each profile will display if they have or haven't set it up and if they haven't then the option to send a reminder will appear (see below).
Note: If a user tries to log in to a project they are not associated with they will receive an error message informing them of this (See below). If user rights need to be changed then an administrator in the system needs to be notified in order to make the changes. See Project > Adding And Managing Users