Within HammerTech it is possible to create Equipment Categories which can then be used to assign Equipment Types to, making it easier to manage and view the equipment on the project. When users are inducting equipment for example, they can select an Equipment Category to filter the list down.
Note: When you navigate to Equipment in the left hand menu, use the filter icon in the top right corner to filter your project's list of all inducted equipment by category. If you choose to export this list, it will be based on any filtering you have selected.
To Create an Equipment Category:
- Log into HammerTech (if you are not already logged in), then navigate using the left hand menu and select > Administration > Equipment Categories
- Select +Add New in the top right corner
- Enter a Name for the Category and select +Create
To Assign an Equipment Category to an Equipment Type:
- Log into HammerTech (if you are not already logged in), then navigate using the left hand menu and select > Administration > Equipment Types
- Select an Equipment Type from the list or create a new one by selecting the plus sign in the top right corner of the screen.
- Enter or edit the Name and select the relevant Equipment Category from the drop down.
- Save Changes at the bottom of the page
To Delete an Equipment Category:
- Navigate to > Administration > Equipment Categories and select the category you would like deleted.
- Use the blue cog in the top right corner to select > Delete