The Primary Contact is an important role within the HammerTech system. This individual can be set up to be the same contact for All Projects (You can select this if you are a Company Admin) for a company or just for This Project (Any user role will be able to select this). Depending on the size of the Employer, this individual is not usually the person on site. They will most likely be office based and will be responsible for ensuring their personnel have completed Inductions and submitted SWMS.
To add Primary Contact details for an employer:
- Log into HammerTech (if you are not already logged in), then navigate using the left-hand menu > Employers > Active
- Select the relevant Employer
- Select the Plus sign to add a Primary Contact
- You can then select if you want to use new or existing account details (you will only see users from that company who have previously had an account set up).
- If you are creating a new contact that doesn't already exist in the system, select New from the drop-down, enter in their email address and press Validate.
- Under Contact Type, select whether this person will be the Primary Contact on a Company level, or just for this Project. If you are a company contact you can choose to nominate them as a company or project contact. If you are a standard user you will only be able to add them as a project contact.
- Fill in the rest of their details
- Receive Site Notifications - Chooses whether or not the Primary Contact is to receive project notifications
- Has Access to Confidential Information - Only users that have been granted 'Allow Access to Confidential Information' at a project level can request to view and edit certain confidential information relating to their workers, for example: Contact Details, Vehicle Details, Address, Emergency Contact, License Photo + Numbers (Employers > Giving Access to Confidential Data)
- Press Submit
- An email will be sent to the user with their account details and they will be required to activate it and set up a password to log in.
- You can check the status of a Primary Contact by going back into the Employer's profile. If the user has not set up their account yet, you will see Pending Activation under their Status.
- To resend the email, select the blue cog > View and then > Send Reminder
- Once they have set up their account, the status will change to Active.
- To replace an Existing Primary Contact see Employers > Updating Primary Contact Details