As a company administrator, it is possible to upload a version of presentation slides in another language, so that non English speaking workers can understand them. As well as this, you have the ability to upload translated questions and answers, so that workers can complete the orientation test in another language.
To upload translated slides:
- Log into HammerTech (if you are not already logged in), then navigate using the left hand menu > Administration > Orientation Settings
- Locate the section you want to add translated slides to and select > Options > Slides from the drop down and then press the plus sign in the top right corner to upload a slideshow.
Note: HammerTech supports the formats of .ppt and .pptx Most modern presentation software products will allow you to save your presentation in one of these formats.
- Select the Slide Language you will be uploading. The current options are shown below:
- Select whether or not you want this to be the default language for this section of the orientation.
- To select the file you wish to upload and associate to a section Select > Choose File and browse through your device file system and select the desired file.
- Select > Upload.
- You will be presented with a message 'Uploading Slideshow...', and once the upload process is completed, you will be presented with a message 'Thanks for uploading your orientation slide show' with a preview of your slides.
Note: The slide count must match up with the existing slides in the other language.
To upload translated questions:
- Log into HammerTech (if you are not already logged in), then navigate using the left hand menu > Administration > Orientation Settings.
- Locate the section you want to add translated questions to and select > Options > Edit Questions from the drop down.
- When adding the new questions (either Multiple Choice or True/False), select the Default drop down and choose the language that the question will be in.
Note: The HammerTech system does not translate the text for you, that needs to be done separately.
- Once you've finished entering the details select +Add Question