The HammerTech system allows several different ways to apply for Permits To Work including via the subcontractor interface (self service) or via scanning the QR Code (If available) for the relevant permit zone.
When applying for Permits To Work, note that your permit application will need to be approved by the Site Safety Manager before you can begin work.
Note: Multiple Permits can me made for the same zone ONLY IF the zone is not set as exclusive
To apply for permits to work
- Log into HammerTech
- Select your required project from the Company Overview drop-down in the top right hand corner
- Permits > Apply
- Select the Permit Type from the drop-down list
- Select which Personnel are involved in the permit by selecting Associated Workers
- Due to you linking a request for a Permit to an Employer, you are also able to associate Applicable JHAs from the system to a Permit.
Note: Only Approved JHAs can be associated with the Permit
- Select the Permit Zone you wish to book (you can view the site diagrams if you are not sure which Permit Zone you are wanting to book)
Note: It is possible to apply for a single permit over multiple zones, for example you might apply for a Hot Works Permit in Zones 1, 2, & 3. Rather than having to submit three separate permit applications you can select all required permit zones and apply once.
Submitting The Permit
- Enter the relevant information such as a specific location or a description of your works into the applicable fields
- Select the 'Proposed Start Time' and 'Proposed Finish Time'
- You have the option of adding comments in the Applicable Notes section which is for any information that doesn't fit into one of the fields on the form that you want to log against the request.
- Once you have completed the form select 'Submit For Approval'.
* Please note Subcontractors will not be able to edit a Permit once it has been approved - Only a main contractor will be able to edit this