Custom Fields are used on several of the HammerTech forms (i.e. JHAs, Plant, Permits, Incidents, Injuries etc) to enable the user to better replicate current procedures within the system. When given the option of Custom Fields:
- Select > the Add Field button to start adding in your Custom Fields.
- The Field Name is the text that will appear on your form. For example, the Field Name could be 'Next maintenance due date' (Date) which would then require the user to input a date. Or a note (Free Text) that does not require an action and is for reference only.
- Select > the field type from the Drop Down selection box :
Checkbox - adds a tick box for the user to check.
Date - field is formatted in date format of dd/mm/yyyy.
Expandable Text - allows the user to add informative text within the form that does not require a response, that can be expanded or collapsed, making the form shorter and therefore easier to read/navigate. Enter the collapsed text, followed by the '~', followed by the expanded text to configure both the 'collapsed' and 'expanded' modes for this field. Use the vertical separator ('|') for line breaks within the expanded text block.
Expiry Date - provides the user with the ability to add an expiry date formatted in date format of dd/mm/yyyy. In Custom Sections and Equipment forms, this will prompt a notification on your Dashboard for when the Expiry Date is due to expire so enter text that will make it clear what the expiry date is for.
File Download - allows you to upload a file as a part of the custom field, that can be expanded and viewed, as well as downloaded by the user completing the form.
File Upload - to be used in forms where you want the user completing it to upload a file. Supports any type of upload (including images). Will not show a preview of the item. Should be used for any situation where a file could be used.
Free Text - user is able to write within this box in whatever format they like i.e. text, numbers etc.
Heading - adds headings into the form which can be used to group the Custom Fields.
Image/Picture Upload - to be used in forms where you want the user completing it to upload an image. Supports only image files. Will show a preview of the item.
Image/Picture Download - allows you to upload a picture as a part of the custom field, that can be expanded and viewed by the user, as well as downloaded.
Large Read Only Text - allows you to add informative text within the form which does not require a response e.g. can be used to add further instructions/additional information for the completion of the form.
Multiselect List - Creates drop-down field with multiple option tickboxes to check.
No Margin Text - best used for bullet points, allows you to add informative text within the form which does not require a response.
Number - a field for a ‘numeric’ values only. Note: this will only allow for whole numbers i.e. it will not allow for decimal places.
Panel start - Allows you to start a specific subsections within a custom field.
Panel end - Allows you to finish a specific subsections within a custom field.
Section Break - this formatting tool adds a break within the document.
Signature Only - adds a signature field, so the user can sign the form directly in the system.
Signature With Name - adds a signature field and a field for the user to enter their name.
Single List - Creates drop-down field with single option tick box to check.
Subform - allows the configuration of a form within a form (needs to be set up by HammerTech Implementation team first).
Text Area - provides a larger free text field that allows the user to type text freely, place line breaks and preserves line breaks when showing the content in edit, read only and pdf.
Yes/No Radio - provides a 'Yes' and a 'No' tick box for the user to check.
- Select the 'Field is Compulsory' tick box when it is a compulsory requirement for the user to complete this item. Note: should a Custom Field(s) be marked as 'compulsory', the user will not be able to finalise the form until that field(s) has been completed.
- At anytime throughout this process, the Custom Fields can be arranged on the page by using the up and down arrows, and the red delete box. The arrows with a horizontal line will allow you to send the question to either the very top or bottom of the page.
- Each Custom Field is assigned a standard set of Permissions which can be modified individually by expanding the Permissions arrow under each Custom Field. Each individual can be modified to either 'View' or 'Edit' the Custom Field with the option for the item to be displayed in 'Summary' or 'Detailed' on reports.