- Log into HammerTech (if you are not already logged in), ensure you are in the 'Company Overview', then navigate using the left hand menu > Administration > Orientation Settings
- Once on the 'Orientation Sections' page > Select the company, region or project. (Note: to see the projects, expand the region by selecting the '>' by the name of the region)
- Select the blue + button on the top right hand corner of the screen. This will enable you as a user to add a section to the orientation process.
- The system will automatically select the Enable Orientation Section tick box. Note: It is recommended when creating an orientation that this box is checked, as disabling it will make the section not visible during the orientation. This is usually helpful for quickly removing/editing a problematic or outdated section.
- When completing the Name of Section, always make it a clear name that is easily recognizable to users i.e. Welcome.
- Within each Orientation Section, the user has the ability to add a Practical Test (explained later in - Orientation > Adding Questions (Practical Test) To A Section). The Test Settings area configures these settings for each section.
- The # Questions to Display field sets the amount of questions you wish to be displayed to the user.
- When the number is set to less than the total number of questions, a random selection will be used.
- Note: Questions will be shown at the end of the Orientation, after any media (slides, videos etc). Where there is no available media associated to the section, the questions will be presented up front.
- Enter into the field # Questions Correct to Pass the amount of questions the user will successfully answer correctly, for them to be allowed to continue or finish the orientation process.
- Enter into the field # Attempts Allowed to Pass Test the amount of times a user can unsuccessfully meet the requirements set out in the above mentioned Questions Correct to Pass.
- Example settings: the user is required to answer all of the random questions correctly, and is only able to have 1 retry, the settings would be:
Excluded / Included Employers
- Within Orientations, you have the ability to limit the Employers that will or will not see each section. This is used most when the section is for a specific audience i.e. Exclusion Zone Entry.
- By default, this is set to all Employers seeing the section.
- The Excluded Employers is best used when there are only a handful of Employers that need to be excluded from the Orientation Section. Expand the Excluded Employers list and check each of the Employers that ARE NOT to see this section of the Orientation.
- The Included Employers is best used when there are only a handful of Employers that are to see this Orientation Section. Expand the Included Employers list and check each of the Employers that ARE to see this section of the Orientation.
Excluded / Included Job Titles
- In the same way that you can include or exclude Employers from Orientation sections, you can also include or exclude certain Job Titles so that workers will only see the sections relevant to their job. When a worker is completing a registration, the Job Title they have selected in the Personal Details section will impact the content they are shown. This is used most when the section is for a specific audience e.g. Truck or Delivery Drivers.
- The Excluded Job Titles is best used when there are only a handful of Job Titles that need to be excluded from the Orientation Section. Expand the Excluded Job Titles list and check each of the Job Titles that ARE NOT to see this section of the Orientation.
- The Included Job Titles is best used when there are only a handful of Job Titles that are required to see this Orientation Section. Expand the Included Job Titles list and check each of the Job Titles that ARE to see this section of the Orientation.
- Orientation Checklists can be created and assigned to each Orientation Section to advise the user of any Checklist protocol associated to the specific topic. For example, for an Exclusion Zone Entry section, the user would be shown the Exclusion Zone Permit checklist.
- Use the Checklist dropdown to select the relevant Orientation Checklist - OrientationChecklists need to be created by an admin under Administration > Checklist Types in order for them to appear here. See Configuring Orientation Checklists
- Once all the settings have been configured for the section, select the Create button, to create the section in the system.
- The section that was configured should now appear on the Orientation Sections page.