Within HammerTech it is possible to create Inspection Categories which can then be used to assign Inspection Types to, making it easier to manage large lists of inspection types. When users are creating an inspection for example, they can select an Inspection Category to filter the list down first.
Note: When you navigate to Administration > Inspection Types in the left hand menu, use the filter icon in the top right corner to filter your company's list of inspection types by category.
To Create an Inspection Category:
- Log into HammerTech (if you are not already logged in), then navigate using the left hand menu and select > Administration > Inspection Categories
- Select +Add New in the top right corner
- Enter a Name for the Category and select +Create
To Assign an Equipment Category to an Equipment Type:
- Navigate using the left hand menu to Administration > Inspection Types
- Select an Inspection Type from the list or create a new one by selecting the plus sign in the top right corner of the screen.
- Enter or edit the Name and select the relevant Inspection Category from the drop down.
- Create the Inspection Type or Save Changes at the bottom of the page
To Delete an Inspection Category:
- Navigate to > Administration > Inspection Categories and select the category you would like deleted.
- Use the blue cog in the top right corner to select > Delete