When configuring checklists for inspections, it is possible to add an Inspection as a question type. This allows users completing the inspection to create and assign a child inspection within the parent inspection to another company and user to complete.
When viewing the list of Active and Completed Inspections, any child inspections will be grouped in order underneath their parent inspection. Use the + button next to any parent inspections to expand and view the associated child inspections, and their status (see example below).
To Configure Inspections within Inspections
- Log into HammerTech
- Select > Administration > Inspection Checklist Types
- Use the + button in the top right corner to add a new checklist or select one from the list to edit.
- Add a checklist question and select the question type of 'Inspection'.
- Now select the Inspection Type from the drop down.
- Select Create or Save the checklist once you're done.
Below is what the question type will look like when a user is completing a checklist within an inspection. The user selects Create Inspection and are then prompted to select the company and user to assign it to, who will then receive an email notification.
- The status of child inspections can be viewed and tracked within the parent inspection itself, as well as within the list of Active and Completed Inspections.
- To reassign, or send a reminder (email notification) to the owner of the inspection, use the cog next to the child inspection within the checklist (see below)
Note: Child Inspections can be reassigned after they have been created, however if reassigned to a user from a different company, the inspection will be removed and recreated.