What are Distribution Groups?
When you need to send notifications or bulletins to the same group of people, on your project, or throughout your company on a regular basis, it can be tiresome to manually add each individual recipient every single time you need to send them something.
Distribution Groups allow you to create a single group, containing multiple recipients, to save you having to manually select recipients every single time, and ensure that no-one is mistakenly left out or forgotten.
Distribution Groups can be company wide (for example Senior Company Leadership), or project specific (for example a Site Safety Team).
Using Distribution Groups
You will initially be able to use these groups within Email Bulletins, as well as Inspection Recipients.
To see how to link to Inspection recipients see Assigning a Distribution Group to an Inspection Type
For more information on sending bulletins see here Bulletins > Creating A New Bulletin
Configuring and Setting up Distribution Groups
This article will show you how to set up Company wide groups. To see how to create Project level groups, read Project > Setting Up Project Distribution Groups.
There are two types of groups you can create at a company overview level:
Company Level - This group can only be created and edited within Company Overview, and gives you access to add any users across the system. The recipients are the same for every project (for example Senior Management).
Company Level Customizable Per Project - The recipients for the group will only be able to be individually customized per project, with a common Name and Description assigned at Company Overview. This is useful for groups that exist on every project, but have different recipients on each project, for example a Site Safety Committee.
- Log into HammerTech (if you are not already logged in), then navigate using the left hand menu > ADMINISTRATION > Distribution Groups.
- Enter a Name and Description for the Distribution Group.
- Next to Group Type select whether you want this to be a Company Level group or Company Level Customizable Per Project group. If you select Customizable Per Project, you will only be able to enter a Name and Description - the rest will be configured at a project level.
- Tick the Allow Users to Join checkbox, if you want users (main contractor only) to be able to add themselves when they login and access to the group through My Account > Notification Preferences.
- The below points are relevant if you have selected to create a Company Level group type, if you want to continue on to configure groups that are 'Customizable Per Project', see Project > Setting Up Project Distribution Groups.
- Depending on who you want to be part of the group, you can select from Predefined Groups, select Individual Users, or add Custom Email Addresses (for people who may not be users in the system).
- In the Predefined Groups section, you will have the option of All Employer Users, All Main Contractor Users, All Nominated Reps, All Primary Contacts, and All Workers. Tick the checkbox for those that apply or leave empty (Note: remember that this is referring to a company wide group of those users).
- To add a Custom Email Address, enter the full name of the person in the first text box, and then their email address in the next box, and select +Add Email. As you add them, they will appear above in the Selected Email Addresses panel. To remove an email simply click on the red X and you will receive a message to confirm if you want to delete.
- If you want to add individual users, navigate to the Users panel, select a category of Main Contractor or Subcontractor and start typing the user's name. Once it appears in the list, select them and then +Add User. Use the red X to remove any that were added in error.
- Once you have finished, select the +Create button at the bottom of the page. You can navigate back and edit these groups at any time.