You can print a QR code that is associated with a piece of equipment at a company-wide level. This gives you the ability to have just the one QR code that can be affixed to equipment and will work on any project the equipment is at.
After scanning the QR code, workers will need to choose the Project that the equipment is associated with before starting the equipment inspection.
In order to access the company-wide QR code, follow these steps...
- Log into HammerTech
- Make sure you are at a Company Overview level in the project drop down
- Click on Equipment in the left hand menu
- Select the equipment you wish to get the QR code for
- Click on Download
- Click on Export QR Code
Note: To be able to provide permission for a worker to complete an inspection on a piece of equipment, there are a few things that need to be set up within project and administration settings. If this is already done you can see here how to assign an inspection to a worker - Worker Created Equipment Inspections.
- You need to ensure equipment that has been inducted has authorized operators associated with it
- Note: Authorized operators are workers who have the relevant license/s associated with that equipment type. When you are inducting equipment onto site, one of the steps involves selecting Authorized Operators (see here how to Induct Equipment)
For more information on configuring Worker Created Equipment inspections see: Inspections Setup > Setting Up Worker Created Equipment Inspections