The HammerTech Equipment Induction system is an easy process, allowing Equipment to be inducted in a timely and consistent manner.
Note: In order to create Equipment and the Equipment Induction Form, we first need to set up the Licences. If not already completed see Administration > Creating and Managing Licences
- Log into HammerTech (if you are not already logged in), then navigate using the left hand menu to Administration > Equipment Types
- Once on the 'Equipment Types' page select the +Add New button in the top right hand corner of the screen
- Enter the Name of the equipment type i.e. Forklift
- Select the appropriate Equipment Category from the drop down list
(only applies if this is set up in your system)
- Select the relevant Options
- Add an image using the Select Image button
- The next step is to create the 'check list' that is associated with the Equipment Type.
This will be used by the individual that is inducting the equipment onto site.
The HammerTech system will require users to mark each item as ‘Yes’, 'N/A' or ‘No’ when inducting the equipment, with additional notes required for any items marked as ‘No’.
Write all the various questions you will ask during induction, writingone per line.
Note: the Checklist box can be expanded by dragging the box from the bottom right hand corner.
Note: Entering a # at the beginning of a line will make it text only with no 'Applicable' or 'Not Applicable' option
- Now you can add custom fields if required:
See Main Contractor FAQs - Custom Fields Explained for further details on Custom Fields.
- Select the Add Field button to create a new field
- Enter a description of the field in the Field Name text box
- Select from the drop-down menu, the method you wish the user to respond
- Then decide whether the field is compulsory, where unless completed by the user, they will be unable to submit the form
Continue to add in custom fields until you satisfy your businesses requirements for plant induction forms.
- Selecting each of the Licences that are required in order to operate this Equipment, this will ensure only valid individuals are able to be assigned to the Equipment.
- Once completed, select +Create and the Equipment will now appear in the list of Equipment Types in alphabetical order.